Things to Do in Freeport, the Bahamas
If you love being on the water, you have to take a trip to the Bahamas. The ocean surrounding this beautiful area is some of the best on the planet. It hosts a huge variety of aquatic life, and on many places you can see 200 feet and deeper! The views in the Bahamas are nothing short of incredible, and when you have your vessel there you can enjoy them whenever you want.
Freeport, the Bahamas, is a popular vacation destination. Aside from being extremely beautiful, the area also offers a seemingly endless amount of things to do.
Some of the things you’ll want to do when visiting Freeport include:
- Snorkeling and Scuba Diving. The coastal waters of the Bahamas were made for these underwater activities. You can view an amazing selection of aquatic life up close and personal while enjoying the ocean’s beautiful array of colors.
- Bonefishing. There are tons of experienced guides ready and waiting to take you out on the water and help you catch some amazing fish. Bonefishing is a great way to spend a lively day on the water with family and friends.
- Theo’s Wreck. It’s one of the most popular diving attractions in all of the Bahamas. This 23-foot shipwreck rests on the ocean floor and serves as a truly unique diving destination. Vacationers can experience the ocean in a whole new way when they visit the wildlife in and around Theo’s.
- A day at the beach. The Bahamas have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Spend a day in Freeport doing absolutely nothing but lounging on the beach and soaking up the sun.
- Lucayan National Park. Once you’ve had your fill of water activities, you can head over to this breathtaking national park. It has tons of trails and walkways that intersect with large caves, swamps and an isolated beach. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to explore, because once you arrive you won’t want to leave.
- The Garden of the Groves. This attraction is a cross between a jungle, a zoo and a romantic hideaway. You can encounter some of the most exotic wildlife the Bahamas has to offer, but you can also take in the Garden’s more romantic side. There are plenty of waterfalls and tropical trees that couples can escape to when they want to spend a little time alone.
These are only a few of the many amazing attractions Freeport has to offer. In addition to fun daytime activities, the area also boasts tons of delicious restaurants and a lively night life. If you want to experience a vacation that will have something for the whole family, Freeport is the place to go.
When you have your vessel with you, you can explore the beautiful waters of the Bahamas at your leisure. DYT Yacht Transport can help you plan your next vacation to Freeport and get your vessel to this great vacation destination. Learn more about our boat transport services and check out our yacht transport schedules today.
Have questions? Contact our booking offices today.