Things to do in La Paz, Mexico
La Paz is the capital and commercial center of Baja California Sur, in the northern part of Mexico. It is a vibrant and lively area that offers vacationers a variety of activities to do and sights to see. The seaport features beautiful beaches, fantastic ocean wildlife, beachside shopping, and some of the best sportfishing in the world. If you love aquatic activities and want to explore a truly fascinating culture, La Paz is definitely the vacation destination for you.
Some of the most popular activities and attractions in La Paz include:
- Breathtaking beaches. La Paz is located on a bay, but its most beautiful beaches are located just north of town. You can spend days exploring everything they have to offer: sparkling turquoise water, white beaches, and an amazing array of aquatic life.
- Tropical Islands. Many people come to La Paz solely to explore its beautiful protected islands: Isla Espiritu Santo, Isla Partida and Los Islotes. They are great destinations for diving, snorkeling, kayaking and other water activities, and the sights they offer are nothing short of incredible. Camping on the islands is also an option that many nature lovers gladly take.
- Malecon. This seaside walkway offers amazing views of the La Paz bay, and the atmosphere is hugely attractive. There are businesses selling food and drinks, a tourist pier you can stroll, and plenty of benches scattered throughout the walkway where you can stop and take in one of its famous sunsets.
- Whale watching. La Paz is one of the best places to whale watch, because its waters are where many whales migrate to bear their young. A variety of companies offer guided tours, and some of the luckiest watchers have even had the opportunity to reach out and pet these amazing creatures. You can choose from single day or multiple day trips, depending on your interest level.
- Sportfishing. The outer islands of La Paz are home to big name species such as shellfish, marlin, yellowtail, tuna and sierra. Deep sea fishing is also popular, especially as the waters warm up between March and September, and if you head to the right areas you can even catch marlins and other big fish.
- Festivals. If you visit La Paz during the months of January, February, April, May, July, September or November, you can experience some of the yearly festivals, tournaments and contests. These events are a great way to experience the culture and excitement of the area firsthand.
As you can imagine, these are only a few of the enjoyable activities available around La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico. The area features a wide variety of attractions, so it’s easy to plan a vacation that will please everyone in your party.
When you have your vessel with you, you can explore the beautiful waters of La Paz at your leisure. DYT Yacht Transport can help you plan your next vacation to La Paz and get your vessel to this great vacation destination. Learn more about our boat transport services and check out our yacht transport schedules today.
Have questions? Contact our booking offices today.