Things to Do in Marmaris, Turkey
This charming vacation destination used to be a fishing village and port, but has turned into one of Turkey’s most popular resorts. There are many fun activities to do in the area, and the sightseeing is absolutely breathtaking.
If you want to start your vacation off right, spend a day or two exploring Marmaris’ coastline. Whether you want to sunbathe and take in the sights, or do some of the best snorkeling and scuba diving in the world, these beautiful beaches have it all.
Some of the highlights of Turkey you’ll want to experience and explore include:
- Pamukkale: natural historical site that has sparkling white, castle-like cascades and water that is famous for its benefits to the eyes and skin, as well as its curing properties.
- Dalyan Mud Bath: day trip featuring a rejuvenating traditional mud bath that leaves your skin glowing and cleansed.
- Dalyan Beach: a stunningly beautiful beach and one of the last remaining nesting places of the Loggerhead Turtles.
- Caunos: ancient Lycian site that features incredible archaeological remains, including rock tombs, the medieval walls of the acropolis, temple remains, Roman baths and more.
- Jeep safari: exciting trip that winds around Marmaris’ mountains and rivers to give you some of the best countryside views.
- Icmeler Beach: great place to spend a day lounging on sun beds, taking in the sea views and engaging in any water sport that comes to mind.
- Marmaris Grand Bazaar:traditional bazaar located along a series of roof-covered streets that includes just about every kind of product you can imagine.
As you can see, there’s a great variety of things to do while in Marmaris, Turkey. The area also boasts a great selection of delicious restaurants, as well as an active nightlife and a large selection of festivals that you can attend while you visit.
Many people say that Marmaris has the best marina in the Eastern Mediterranean, which makes it a perfect boat transportation destination. You can use your boat to experience the area by water, and dock it when you want to explore by land. When you travel to Marmaris, you can make your vacation whatever you want it to be.
DYT Yacht Transport can help you plan your next vacation to Marmaris, Turkey, and get your vessel to this great vacation destination. Learn more about our boat transport services and check out our boat transportation schedules today.
Have questions? Contact our booking offices today.