Things to Do in St. Thomas, the Caribbean
St. Thomas is one of the most traveled areas of the Caribbean. Visitors flock from all over to experience its beautiful beaches and endless vacation activities. The island features just about every water adventure you can think of, as well as captivating views and a good amount of historical sites. It also has a lively nightlife you can enjoy during those times you don’t have the kids with you.
If you’re looking for a vacation destination that has it all, St. Thomas is it. From breathtaking beaches to captivating mountaintop views, this island offers you some of the most beautiful sites and entertaining activities the Caribbean has to offer.
Some of the activities and attractions you don’t want to miss while in St. Thomas include:
- Scuba diving and snorkeling. The water is some of the best the planet has to offer, so why wouldn’t you want to spend a few hours exploring it up close and personal? Discover the incredible amount of aquatic wildlife this area has to offer both at the surface and below it.
- Enjoying a day at the beach. St. Thomas boasts some incredible beaches, and you’ll definitely want to spend a day relaxing on one – or several. Take in the sights and sounds and enjoy the feeling of the sun warming you from head to toe.
- The Skyride to Paradise Point. This modern aerial cable car takes you 700 feet above sea level to give you an incredible view of the island. Once you’re at the top there are plenty of activities to keep you entertained, including unique shopping, nice lunch locations and the opportunity to explore a variety of neighboring islands.
- Explore the island on a kayak tour. You can go on either a half or full day tour that takes you through crystal clear lagoons and deserted tropical islands. Experiencing St. Thomas in a kayak is an adventure in itself, and it’s an opportunity that many vacationers enjoy.
- Head to the highest point in St. Thomas. The summit of St. Peter Mountain is the highest point on the island, and it serves as a scenic overlook you don’t want to miss. After you’re done taking in the best views of the island, you can explore the shops, dining area and bar this mountain top features.
- Take in a little history. St. Thomas also features some fascinating historical sites, such as Bluebeard’s Castle, the Nisky Moravian Church and Drake’s Seat. Each of these sites is open to the public, and there is plenty to photograph when you visit.
- Experience the art at Tillett Gardens. This attraction used to be a Danish farm, but it was transformed into a center for local artists and performers. It’s a peaceful garden that features beautiful foliage and a great collection of hand-crafted items such as paintings, candles and jewelry. Vacationers can purchase local art or spend the day attending arts and craft shows and taking in the local concert going on that day.
These are only a few of the many attractions St. Thomas has to offer. In addition to all these daytime activities, the area also boasts plenty of delicious dining and a lively night life. There are several nearby towns and fishing villages that offer plenty of entertainment both during the day and at night. Experience everything St. Thomas has to offer on your next vacation.
When you have your vessel with you, you can explore the beautiful waters of the Caribbean at your leisure. Dockwise Yacht Transport can help you plan your next vacation to St. Thomas and get your vessel to this great vacation destination. Learn more about our boat transport services and check out our yacht transport schedules today.
Have questions? Contact our booking offices today.