Things to Do in Taranto, Italy
Known as the “city of the two seas,” Taranto serves as one of the most dynamic areas in Italy. It has a rich history, unique culture and bustling modern environment. As the third largest continental city in southern Italy, it is home to over 200,000 people, and has a lively and enjoyable atmosphere visitors love.
As a port city, Taranto serves as a great boat shipping destination. It features both a commercial harbor and a natural port, so your vessel provides you with easy access to everything the area has to offer.
Some of the things to experience while in this Italian port city include:
- The waterfront promenade:named after King Vittorio Emanuele III, it offers fantastic views of the city’s harbor and port.
- Castello Aragonese:this impressive castle structure is in the process of being renovated. It’s perched on a small island that divides the Small Sea and the Big Sea, which means blue sky and the sparkling water surround you on all sides.
- Beaches:there is no lack of sandy beaches or coves to explore. Make sure you give yourself a few days to enjoy them.
- Centro Culturale Filonide:this eccentric cultural center gives a fascinating glimpse into the history and culture of the area. It features painted salons full of old furniture and interesting knickknacks.
- Palazzo Pantaleo:home to the city’s archaeological collection, it exhibits a wide array of pieces, including Taranto’s famous ceramics.
- Giardini Comunale Peripato:this formal 18th century garden is now a beautiful city park that offers great views and a fun children’s play area.
- Dining:because of its seaside location and commercial fishing center, Taranto has some of Italy’s best seafood restaurants. Experience them all while you vacation in this beautiful area.
Taranto is divided into the “old city” and the “new city,” which provides great contrast between the way things used to be and the modern direction the area has taken.
When you have your vessel with you, you can explore the beautiful waters of Taranto, Italy, at your leisure. DYT Yacht Transport can help you plan your next vacation to this area and get your vessel there with you. Learn more about our sailboat shipping services and check out our boat transport schedules today.
Have questions? Contact our booking offices today.