Things to Do in Toulon, France
Located in the heart of a natural bay and surrounded by wooded hills and mountains, Toulon, France, is a truly beautiful vacation destination. This city is found in the middle of the Provence in France, and its 860 miles of coast incorporates everything there is to love about the Mediterranean.
This charming area has tons of hidden treasures for visitors to uncover. There is wonderful shopping and excellent dining options, as well as tons of coastline to enjoy, history to explore and culture to experience.
Some of the things you’ll want to do while in Toulon, France, include:
- Atlantes:the city’s most influential work of art sits at the city’s entrance and is a must-see piece for first-time visitors.
- La Rade:this stone and marble walkway has all kinds of restaurants, statues and plant life, and it offers a great view of the bay. Take in scenic views, enjoy a lovely meal and walk along La Rade as the sun sets on the city.
- Cathedral Sainte-Marie-Majeure:for history buffs, there’s nothing better than this church. One of Toulon’s oldest and most well-preserved buildings, it’s a sight to see while in France.
- Cours Lafayette:this colorful and lively street features a daily street market that locals and visitors equally love.
- Telepherique du Mont Faron:get a great view of Toulon from atop this area. It has plenty of marked paths for hiking, and you can buy tickets for a cable car or the Zoo Fauverie du Faron.
- Museums:because Toulon has such a rich history, the city has tons of museums that commemorate it. Whether you’re interested in the life and career of Napoleon, or you prefer art and natural history museums, you can find something to peak your interest.
- Zenith Omega:one of the largest and most prominent venues in France, it’s the perfect place to take in a concert, dance show or theater production.
- Plage du Mourillon:not only is it the area’s largest beach, but it is also home to one of the city’s oldest fortresses. Whether you want to explore the history or bask in the sunshine, you can do it all on this gorgeous beachfront.
When you have your vessel with you, you can explore the beautiful waters of Toulon, France, at your leisure. DYT Yacht Transport can help you plan your next vacation to this area and get your vessel there with you. Learn more about our sailboat shipping services and check out our boat transport schedules today.
Have questions? Contact our booking offices today.