DYT Superyacht Transport specializes in the maritime transport of yachts and is a member of the Spliethoff Group. DYT is based in Fort Lauderdale, with offices located in Monaco, Italy, Spain and The Netherlands and agencies in Australia and New Zealand.
DYT owns and operates a fleet of semisubmersible vessels that provide a liner-based service that meets the needs of yachts globally. Since our beginnings in 1987, we have successfully shipped thousands of yachts all over the world.
Due to our continued growth, DYT Ft Lauderdale is looking to hire a full time BOOKING AGENT.
The position of BOOKING AGENT is responsible for the handling of all steps from initial inquiry to booking, administrative paperwork prior to loading and unloading of the yacht all while providing an exceptional customer experience. This position is a challenging job with corresponding responsibilities that offers opportunities for both personal and professional development.
BOOKING AGENT Responsibilities:
- Prepare all voyage documentation for port calls in Ft Lauderdale and the Caribbean
- Update the DYT commercial database (data entry)
- Be compliant with local customs protocols
- Submit customs filing with USCBP
- Submit filings with Department of Commerce for US inbound/outbound shipments
- Attend operations in the port to assist clients
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential clients
- Handle inbound sales calls
- Follow up all sales leads
- Create contracts and invoices
BOOKING AGENT Requirements:
- Customer service oriented
- Motivated attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Computer savvy
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the field of customer service (maritime background is preferred but not mandatory)
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Valid US work permit
- Some nights and weekends work are required
- Some travel is required (less than 15%)