Things to Do in Port Everglades, Florida
If you love the water, Port Everglades may be the perfect vacation destination for you. This artificial harbor is filled with 270 miles of natural and artificial waterways, giving you plenty of space to explore in your yacht. Port Everglades has a reputation as the “world’s best cruise port,” so you can rest assured that your vacation will be enjoyable and exciting.
Port Everglades is conveniently located two miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport and only 30 minutes from Miami International Airport. DYT can transport your yacht and you can fly almost directly to the area, which makes it a quick and easy vacation destination. Once there, you have access to tons of activities and attractions, so you can make your trip as relaxing or action packed as you want.
Some of the things you can see and do while visiting Port Everglades and the surrounding area include:
- Relax on the beach. Ft. Lauderdale features over 20 miles of recently restored beaches, and you can spend days exploring everything they have to offer. Take in the sparkling water, sandy beaches and breathtaking views as you relax on your beach towel and catch some much-needed rays. Want to do something a little more active? You can snorkel, scuba dive, jet ski and take part in other water activities.
- Take in unique wildlife. The John U. Lloyd Beach State Recreation Area is an important sea turtle nesting site, as well as home to many of Florida’s endangered manatees. If you head on over to Butterfly World you can view over 150 species of butterflies and see all stages of these fascinating creatures’ lives.
- Experience the “Rodeo Drive” of Fort Lauderdale. Las Olas Boulevard is an upscale street of shopping boutiques that serious shoppers won’t want to miss. It’s a great place to spend an afternoon, and it features a variety of delicious restaurants you can try in between fabulous shopping
- Spend a day in High Taylor Birch State Park. This beautiful park features hiking trails, paved park roads, canoe rentals and more. You also have quick access to the beach, so you can spend part of your time enjoying the landscape and the rest of it enjoying the beautiful water.
- Visit the Everglades. True water lovers won’t pass up the opportunity to experience the Everglades National Park. It’s the largest subtropical wilderness in the Unites States, and it is home to a wide variety of rare and endangered species. There are over 40 species of mammals in the area, all of which have adapted to this semi-aquatic habitat.As you can imagine, these are only a few of the enjoyable activities available around Port Everglades, Florida. The area features a wide variety of attractions, so it’s easy to plan a vacation that will please everyone in your party. There aren’t many ports that offer access to more than one major city, but Port Everglades does that – and so much more.
When you have your vessel with you, you can explore the beautiful waters of Port Everglades at your leisure. DYT Yacht Transport can help you plan your next vacation to Port Everglades, Florida, and get your vessel to this great vacation destination. Learn more about our boat transport services and check out our yacht transport schedules today.
Have questions? Contact our booking offices today.